The Management Intervention course is a half-day workshop which provides line managers with the skills and confidence to listen to and talk with someone who feels that they need to share a problem regarding their mental health. The course looks at how to create a working culture that can support staff to be more open about their mental health, how to have conversations about mental health, how to support someone experiencing a mental health problem and shares tips on staying well at work whilst supporting colleagues appropriately.
The workshop is not intended to provide technical knowledge on mental health conditions, nor does it cover treatment options for those diagnosed with a mental illness.
- Understand what is meant by mental health.
- Identify the pressures facing employees and identify how they affect mental health.
- Understand why people are reluctant to talk about mental health.
- Identify ways of looking after our own mental health.
- Identify the signs that someone needs help and know what to say and do.
- Recognise that’s it’s OK (and beneficial) to talk about mental health.
- Properly respond to a request for a conversation or ask for one.
- Create a safe space in which a conversation can take place.
- Build rapport with a person to facilitate an open and trusting conversation.
- Apply good listening skills during a conversation.
- Recognise manager behaviours which can positively and negatively affect worker wellbeing.
- Offer practical advice on workplace issues or arrangements that may need attention or improvement.
- Provide details of organisations and support services that can provide help, information and advice.
- Help establish an immediate plan of action and to manage any follow-up conversations.
Location / Facilities / Class Size
Courses can be delivered at TASC or an onsite facility which is private and able to hold the number of delegates booked. Maximum 16 delegates per session. Maximum of 2 sessions per day.
Our Upcoming Events
No dates available?
Click here to enquire of any alternative dates.Enquire now
At TASC, we have been providing UKATA asbestos training for over 15 years.
- We are a founding member of UKATA
- We are able to tailor your training requirements to individual needs
- All refresher training is based on a training needs analysis (TNA)
Contact us to find out more.